The list of topics to be addressed includes, but is not limited to:
- Climate change
- Sustainability and energy security
- Mobilizing investments/ financing the decarbonization/ innovative financing for energy security
- Economics and geopolitics of oil and natural gas
- Natural Gas and LNG markets
- Role of conventional energy sources under low carbon society
- Renewable energy
- Green hydrogen
- Nuclear energy
- Circular economy
- Distributed generation under uncertainty
- Energy efficiency and energy consumption (in industry & in households)
- Smart & Green Islands
- Smart buildings (renovation and retrofit)
- Fuel switch in the heating sector
- Consumers & prosumers
- Citizens’ energy community
- Urban transformation
- Smart electrification
- Prospects of alternative transport fuels
- E-mobility and grid
- CCS & CCU methods and solutions
- Energy transition and energy poverty
- Energy and emission modeling
- Experimental methods and behavioral economics in energy and environmental analysis
- Energy access issues
- De-risking investments
- Energy sector investment and financing
Authors should firstly create an account, and then activate it, following the simple instructions provided.
To upload their paper abstract, authors should press the button “Submit Paper” and provide some key features about their paper (title, key words, authors and paper presenter). Submitted abstracts should be no more than two pages in length, comprising of: i. overview, ii. methodological approach, iii. results, iv. discussion and conclusions, conforming to the structure outlined in the abstract template. All abstracts will be reviewed and evaluated by the Symposium’s scientific committee based on originality, accuracy, and relevance to the topics of the call. Authors will be notified by e-mail, should their abstract be accepted.
Following a positive feedback, authors should buy their ticket here and thus, complete the registration process. The registration fees are listed in the table below.
Submission of full papers is not obligatory unless the author(s) intends to participate in publication options proposed by the scientific committee.
This year’s academic paper presentations will take place in person. The respective registration fees are the following:
Types of Paper Presenters
Early Bird Registrations
(until June 30)
|Paper Presenter IAEE/HAEE Member||
|Paper Presenter Non-Member||
|Student IAEE/HAEE Member||
*To become a HAEE Member, you can visit the corresponding page here.
The above fees cover a 3-day access to all sessions (plenary and paper presentations), seminars, lunches, coffee breaks and symposium material.
If an approved paper has more than one author, only the paper Presenter may register and pay the corresponding fee, as defined above. A paper Presenter cannot present more than one paper.
Withdrawal requests received after September 22 will not be refunded.
In addition, all authors may submit a paper for consideration in the Best Paper Αward Competition (cash prize plus waiver of Symposium registration fee). More information will be announced soon.
New Key Dates and Deadlines
Abstract submission: June 6, 2023 June 20, 2023
Notification of abstract acceptance: June 15, 2023 June 26, 2023
Early bird registration fees until: June 30, 2023
Submission of full papers (non-obligatory): August 18, 2023 August 30, 2023
Symposium’s registration fees should be paid by: September 22, 2023
For any queries, please contact the Symposium’s secretariat at:
Tel.: +30 210 92 30422